Greener by design
We are würking towards a cleaner environment
From an early design stage, we at Würk Furniture look into how our actions would have a negative impact on the environment. We incorporate our environmental policies in everything we do. From planning stage in our offices, through manufacturing, to transportation.
- We embrace simple design made from recycled materials. We maximize the use of materials that will not end up in the landfill at the end of their life cycle.
- Simple design reduces the energy required to manufacture the product. A focus on lightweight, recyclable materials reduces the resources required to transport the product.
- We reuse transporting material. Our partnership with local installation companies allows us to coordinate the return of packaging material like furniture blankets and skids.
- We only use laminate suppliers with LEED Certification, whose products qualify for up to 6 credits.
- We only purchase boards that are compliant with the phase 2 limit for the California air resource board (CARB).
- We use products that come from sustainable forests.
- We use galvanized steel that last much longer than painted steel. The use of galvanized steel also eliminates the need for painting, which would produce extra chemical emissions.
- 90% of our suppliers are located within 100 kilometers of our facility.
- We never use fiberglass as it cannot be recycled at the end of life cycle.
Würk Furniture is committed and will continue to be committed to developing products that are environmentally friendly. We are continuously working on reducing our carbon footprint.